This playground is sponsored by the Clayton Community Recreational Foundation:
- CCRF is a 501(c)(3) organization, and donations are tax deductible in accordance with Federal Tax Laws.
- CCRF was established in 1983, in order to provide an opportunity for individuals and corporations to contribute to the recreational opportunities in the Clayton Community, and receive the tax exempt benefits of the donation.
- CCRF has funded a variety of small projects for the Clayton Community Parks systems over the past 25 years.
- The Harmony Playground is a tremendous opportunity for the community to support the Foundation, in developing a playground where kids and parents of all abilities can play together. The CCRF is leading the funding, design, and construction of the playground, for the community.
The Harmony Playground at East Clayton Community Park designed by Chris Hilt of CLH Design, PA, will be a state-of-the-art, one of a kind inclusion play entity that will:
- Enable children of ALL abilities to play together and develop the wide range of skills needed to be successful in the world; big muscle play, manipulative play, pretend play, creative arts play, sensory play, and quiet play.
- Provide all children and their families with a sensory-full, safe play facility and an inclusive environment to connect.
- Educate all on various disabilities, injuries and chronic illnesses that may challenge others and give support on how to positively interact with them through inclusion play.
- Showcase a Universal Design (verses only Accessible Design) in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act in regard to play equipment, ground coverings and access methods and is adequately inclusive for furthering cognitive, emotional, physical, visual, auditory, and other sensory skill sets to enhance the development and growth for children of all abilities.
- Serve as a destination location for surrounding counties and visitors as well as an attraction for relocating families and will be a resource for economic progression in the community.
The Harmony Playground will be located on two acres contributed by the Town of Clayton on the East Clayton Community Park Site. This playground is the result of a public-private partnership between the Town of Clayton (public) and the Clayton Community Recreational Foundation, Inc. (private) and was approved by the Clayton Town Council in February of 2014. Clayton Parks and Recreation will maintain and staff the playground.
This playground is sponsored by the Clayton Community Recreational Foundation.